-
Persistent /home not working
Hello all,
I'm trying to use Knoppix for quick development checks with KDevelop.
I tried and failed to setup a persistant home.
I created it allright, on a partition for itself /dev/hda9
The files are there and I can automount the partition (why ext2 and not ext3 ?)
But the boot command "knoppix home=/dev/hda9" is ignored (or home=scan). I tried several times. /home is always on the ramdisk.
OTOH the myconf=scan or myconf=/dev/hda9 works fine. BTW, the config save script has a bug, it says to use myconfig=/mnt/hda9 instead of myconf=/dev/hda9
Using knoppix 3.6
Side question: is it possible to have ssh and samba start automatically from the myconf script ? I know how to do it from a standard linux install but I'd think it's pretty different here.
Similar Threads
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 43
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 01:09 AM
-
By mattperkins26 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
-
By permutations in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95