# apt-get install unrar
unrar -x <file>
SImple eh?
For further details:
man unrar
unrar --usage
I downloaded winrar for linux, but I have no idea how to install it. Can some explain the install process for WInrar? (I need to extract something). And can you try to make it as simple as possible?
I've heard that you can use "tar" to extract rar files. Can someone explain how to extract a file using tar?
Thanx in advance.
# apt-get install unrar
unrar -x <file>
SImple eh?
For further details:
man unrar
unrar --usage
thanx, but i get his message when i try to install:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package unrar is not available, but is referre
This may mean that the package is missing, has
is only available from another source
E: Package unrar has no installation candidate
ahhh Bump
"unrar" is definitely in the debian package pool. Maybe you need to run "apt-get update" before "apt-get -t testing install unrar". Make sure you're online before this ;-)
okay, i'm updating
I did find a way to access unrar, but whenever i try unrar -x <myfile>, it always says, that command (unrar) can't be used.
i updated, but it didn't install Unrar.
I found if you go to the unrar file i downloaded in the konsole, it starts unrar. My problem is, the bash doesn't seem to reconise the comman "unrar"
I restarted the apt-get install unrar line and now its installing. Hopefully it will work. Thanks guys.
A whole 70 minutes you waited then you bumped?!Originally Posted by sethosayher
I've waited longer than that for paid tech support!
Well I must confess that I forget to tell noobs to do apt-get update and read the apt/dpkg howto.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00