-
Creative Jukebox MP3 player - permissions problem
Bit of history - Been using Mandrake for 4.5 years and I'm wanting to move to a different system. Been playing around with knoppix, making sure I can get all my stuff working properly before doing the big switch. Currently got 3.4 installed on a separate hard drive.
Onto the problem - I've got a Creative Nomad Jukebox MP3 player which I can't seem to get working properly. I've installed libnjb and gnomad2 (mmmm, apt-get) but cannot access the device as a mortal user. When I run gnomad2 as root it finds the jukebox happily and I can go from there but it's not ideal to have so su everytime.
I found one solution that involved chmoding the /proc/bus/usb directory so that anyone can access the device but I'd have to do that every time and it's hardly an elegant solution. I'm sure I must be missing something fairly simple but I'm not the greatest at deciphering scripts so haven't found the solution yet. Any helpful hints?
Similar Threads
-
By simkin101 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 07:55 PM
-
By bsjawle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By lewisdw in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 03:50 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer System 800 XL ** Tested ** AS-IS Parts or Repair
$123.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer w/ Original Mouse Untested Parts Repair AS IS
$228.32

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25