Bit of history - Been using Mandrake for 4.5 years and I'm wanting to move to a different system. Been playing around with knoppix, making sure I can get all my stuff working properly before doing the big switch. Currently got 3.4 installed on a separate hard drive.
Onto the problem - I've got a Creative Nomad Jukebox MP3 player which I can't seem to get working properly. I've installed libnjb and gnomad2 (mmmm, apt-get) but cannot access the device as a mortal user. When I run gnomad2 as root it finds the jukebox happily and I can go from there but it's not ideal to have so su everytime.
I found one solution that involved chmoding the /proc/bus/usb directory so that anyone can access the device but I'd have to do that every time and it's hardly an elegant solution. I'm sure I must be missing something fairly simple but I'm not the greatest at deciphering scripts so haven't found the solution yet. Any helpful hints?

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99