Bit of history - Been using Mandrake for 4.5 years and I'm wanting to move to a different system. Been playing around with knoppix, making sure I can get all my stuff working properly before doing the big switch. Currently got 3.4 installed on a separate hard drive.
Onto the problem - I've got a Creative Nomad Jukebox MP3 player which I can't seem to get working properly. I've installed libnjb and gnomad2 (mmmm, apt-get) but cannot access the device as a mortal user. When I run gnomad2 as root it finds the jukebox happily and I can go from there but it's not ideal to have so su everytime.
I found one solution that involved chmoding the /proc/bus/usb directory so that anyone can access the device but I'd have to do that every time and it's hardly an elegant solution. I'm sure I must be missing something fairly simple but I'm not the greatest at deciphering scripts so haven't found the solution yet. Any helpful hints?

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00