Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

    I've been playing around with a hd install of 3.4 and I've got my linksys wusb11 working happily in that it sees the network fine, I just can't get it hotplugging properly.

    The card comes up fine on boot but if it gets unplugged and then reattached it doesn't bring the interface back up. iwconfig shows that the card is reattached but I have to manually run 'ifup wlan0' to get going again.

    I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious at the end of a hotplugging script but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Aha! Five minutes later and I find the solution!

    In case anyone else comes across this, all I needed to do was add the following to /etc/network/interfaces

    mapping hotplug
    script grep
    map wlan0


    Tada! :P

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  2. Linksys wireless pcmcia card
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
  3. Linksys WMP11 PCI Wireless-B card Problems
    By esher2292 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:29 AM
  4. Linksys Wireless PCI Card and Knoppix
    By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
  5. Undetected LinkSys Ether16 Net Card
    By scissors in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$38.98



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99