Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

    I've been playing around with a hd install of 3.4 and I've got my linksys wusb11 working happily in that it sees the network fine, I just can't get it hotplugging properly.

    The card comes up fine on boot but if it gets unplugged and then reattached it doesn't bring the interface back up. iwconfig shows that the card is reattached but I have to manually run 'ifup wlan0' to get going again.

    I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious at the end of a hotplugging script but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Aha! Five minutes later and I find the solution!

    In case anyone else comes across this, all I needed to do was add the following to /etc/network/interfaces

    mapping hotplug
    script grep
    map wlan0


    Tada! :P

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  2. Linksys wireless pcmcia card
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
  3. Linksys WMP11 PCI Wireless-B card Problems
    By esher2292 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:29 AM
  4. Linksys Wireless PCI Card and Knoppix
    By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
  5. Undetected LinkSys Ether16 Net Card
    By scissors in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED picture

Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED

$225.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD A6-3500@2.10GHz 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ picture

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ

$160.00



Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS picture

Vintage Gazelle Systems OP-Tune 1.3 Box Complete CIB Dual Floppy 3.5 5.25 DOS

$54.99



EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$350.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Lot of 4 Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic Gray Trace Chip - SOLDER PULLS   (BO) picture

Lot of 4 Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic Gray Trace Chip - SOLDER PULLS (BO)

$200.00



Early Intel 3301 White Cap Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

Early Intel 3301 White Cap Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$750.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$86.99