Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    Hotplugging USB linksys wlan card

    I've been playing around with a hd install of 3.4 and I've got my linksys wusb11 working happily in that it sees the network fine, I just can't get it hotplugging properly.

    The card comes up fine on boot but if it gets unplugged and then reattached it doesn't bring the interface back up. iwconfig shows that the card is reattached but I have to manually run 'ifup wlan0' to get going again.

    I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious at the end of a hotplugging script but if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Aha! Five minutes later and I find the solution!

    In case anyone else comes across this, all I needed to do was add the following to /etc/network/interfaces

    mapping hotplug
    script grep
    map wlan0


    Tada! :P

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  2. Linksys wireless pcmcia card
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
  3. Linksys WMP11 PCI Wireless-B card Problems
    By esher2292 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:29 AM
  4. Linksys Wireless PCI Card and Knoppix
    By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
  5. Undetected LinkSys Ether16 Net Card
    By scissors in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset) picture

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)

$18.99



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00