I have winxp on my computer and I always run knoppix from the live-cd.
I tried using dosbox ( used klik and installed it after using wget to install the klik browser software itself). After much struggliing I got descent to run like a slide show ( 0.5 to 1.5 frames per second). Even with the dosbox frontend it would not save my config file.
I have had much better luck with the dosemu binaries (dosemu and freedos at http://www.dosemu.org/ ) by just downloading and extracting them to the home directory with ARK. Using dosemu ( and the nvidia driver probono put the knoppix utilities ) I have been able to run Descent and Quake at full speed and in opengl modifications (ie glquake).

Do all klik files have to end in a .deb extension?

Why do i have to install the klik software with the one-line script on the http://klik.berlios.de/ page even after the knoppix utilities made by probone have used klik to install the nvidia driver?

Moustache