Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Modem Drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1

    Modem Drivers

    I've got a winmodem and I found a linux driver for it. However, when I try to extract the rpm, it gives me a bunch of crap. Is it possible to install modem drivers with Knoppix? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3

    A newbie's reply...

    I believe you have to use a Debian package and the dpkg under Knoppix instead of the red hat package. Here is a link I found: http://www.danielrees.me.uk/ltmodem.html#install

    I hope it helps,
    Scott

    PS I am having winmodem problems myself so if you figure out how to make it work I would appreciate hearing from you.

Similar Threads

  1. Installing modem drivers
    By Bilpo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
  2. ADSL Modem drivers - Noobie
    By whablow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
  3. Re: Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem Drivers
    By Redux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 07:53 AM
  4. installing modem drivers?
    By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
  5. help with installing modem drivers (commands)
    By insomica in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



NEW Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 | 128GB GRAY KIT X238U picture

NEW Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 | 128GB GRAY KIT X238U

$185.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$119.99



64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$280.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00