-
how good is Knoppix3.4
can i have knoppix as a normal os like any other linux,
is it stable
i am trying to ask, how good is knoppix3.4 and what r its advantage......
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, you can hdinstall knoppix making it a normal os as compared as running it as a live cd.
Its very stable as far as Knoppix 3.3 is concerned and I think its safe to say that 3.4 is the same.
> what r its advantage......
Hardware detection I would say and a lot of good software, including
server software. Using knoppix 3.6 you will get a ftp/file/webserver and or
a cool terminal server. (nx no machine) to waiting to be turned on.
Also it comes with different win managers so you can go lite or
fullblown depending on your needs.
A lot of people are using knoppix and this forum has a lot of really nice ppl ready to help.
If your are a hardcore linux user, you can use any distro, but if you are more like
a normal user, you will love knoppix for its easy setup. There are nice scripts for many things including installing to hd, setting up netcard. Sound etc.
The apt-get system for installing software is also good.
All in all, this is properly the nicest linux I ever tried.
-
For all my linux units, I use Knoppix.
I found a problem the other day when I tried to use the live cd on a computer that has usb keyboard and mouse. The system fail to start.
I am not sure about SATA drive now but when I tried on a brand new system (SATA disk not fdisk yet), I think I have problems starting too.
-
after installation on my hdd there is aproblem that it always login as root
and it does not start on startx automatically & my wheel mouse does not work..if u have any solution plz share with me.....
-
Senior Member
registered user
What knoppix version ? 3.3 / 3.4 /3.6
How did you install to hd?
Like a real system or as a cd on hd ?
To get your wheel rolling try
"mouseconfig" in a shell.
Similar Threads
-
By Species8372 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:28 AM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By samkupar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 05:22 PM
-
By catfish in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 07:42 PM
-
By amit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95