I have been using Knoppix 3.3 for some time with an Epson C70 printer (actually a C70+, but I think the '+' was a marketing doodad). Of several drivers available at configuration, "Foomatic+gimp-print4.2.5" (I think) worked OK.
With changing to 3.6, everything went in OK, once I had figured out the differences with "knoppix-installer" over "knx-hdinstall", but I can no longer configure a driver for a C70 printer.
I get two possible drivers offered, "Foomatic+gimp-print" and "Foomatic+gimp-print-ijs".
The first only gives me a settings choice of "paper size" with a limited list of "A4", "Letter" & "Legal", defaulting to "Letter"; and nothing else. No colour/monochrome settings, no colour graduations, no DPI choices - zilch.
With the "ijs" extension, I get colour graduations settings, but no colour/monochrome or DPI choices, and a list of paper sizes that does not include any A (ISO) sizes or Letter or Legal, only a random selection of B(ISO), B(JIS) and Kagaki cards - also the paper size shows no default.
It's as if the driver settings have been randomly filtered for the drivers, and split between the driver setups.
Also, attempting to print the test page results in the text of the page instructions being printed, not the test page itself.
So how do I fix this?

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99