Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Knoppix 3.7 is out ... sort of

  1. #91
    I've downloaded Knoppix 3.7.
    It's pretty cool, except, when typing lang=us, to get = you press [Shift]+0.
    The firewall has some pretty good features including routing and HTTP cache/proxy.

    EDIT: If the tracker/torren was up, I would seed it.

  2. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4
    I found this link to the Knoppix 3.7 iso
    http://69.57.139.67/~hugh/linux-mirrors/knoppix/
    The md5sum stated in the knoppix_3.7_PC-Welt.iso.md5sum file, in the same directory, is equal to the one in the above posts, but I'll be calculating and confirming it once I've got the iso down
    [...]
    it checks out!

  3. #93
    ATTENTION
    Due to the, ahem, downess of the earlier mentioned tracker, I have setup my own tracker using Azureus.
    If you have a completed download, simply rename the downloaded file to "knoppix_v37.iso" and download the torrent from http://220.233.70.182:6969.
    I suspect you know the standard seeding procedure from there.
    There is currenly one seed (me).
    We need more.
    Please aid in the distribution of this product.
    We can start our own little BitTorrent ring.
    If you have any feedback, please reply.

  4. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Graz - Austria - EU
    Posts
    6
    I've heard some not-so-nice things already about 3.7.... Is it worth a download, if I'm already running 3.6?

    I presume the only advantages could be some better scripts and configuration tools, because as HDD installation apt can make you the most recent system anyway....

  5. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9

    3.7 sux

    I've installed 3.7 and went back to 3.6 The new version wouldn;t work half the time. Sometimes it would boot and locate my usb mouse no problem, other times it couldnt find it. Sometimes it would boot and my screen would get a ton of weird vertical lines, then my bootloader I made on a floppy started acting up like it wdasnt even there. I actually tried booting using anoher bootable CD in which I specified the path to where my knoppix was, in this instnce it started to load kernel 2.6.7 and went to German, even though my install was from the en version. All in all just a rather buggy disto in my opion so I switched back to 3.6 for now. Hopefully the newer version will become more stable

  6. #96
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55

    Knoppix 3.8

    Hi,

    I have just heard that Knoppix 3.8 will soon be released. Is is true??

  7. #97
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Looking Glass
    Posts
    22

    Re: Knoppix 3.8

    Quote Originally Posted by pnti
    Hi,

    I have just heard that Knoppix 3.8 will soon be released. Is is true??
    This is a topic about people downloading 3.7 as it came in a magazine a few months before 3.7 on the net, oddly enough It'd be smarter to have made a new topic

    I've only seen mention of it in a comment on slashdot http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.p...0&cid=11822804 Where did you see mention of it?

    I'm guessing you're wanting to download knoppix but are afraid of a newer version coming out the next day? For doing whatever you need knoppix for, 3.7 should be good enough, but if you just want a copy for incase I think the best idea is to wait for a new version to come out, then get it then

  8. #98
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    This thread is long and extremely out of date, since Knoppix 3.7 has been out for some time. For those interested in 3.8 I would suggest starting another thread (in the lounge, not here until it is real news). Here's the latest on 3.8 from Today's Slashdot. I'm putting this thread to rest now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Similar Threads

  1. USB booting, sort of
    By thestevo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Now what have I done? Lost KDE panel (sort of)
    By rusty in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:45 AM
  3. HD Remaster sort
    By mikeUK in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM
  4. Please help! Why cant anybody answer this sort of question?
    By radiokid in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
  5. Knoppix.sort
    By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$699.99



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$157.30



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit picture

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit

$44.99



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold picture

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold

$749.99



IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D picture

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D

$219.99



VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE picture

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE

$299.99