Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Knoppix 3.7 is out ... sort of

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Also, I have 3 computers with Promise cards and no-live cd will work, I tryed noscsi command but nothing, is there another command or other options.

  2. #52
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55
    Could anyone explain me if it is legal to download Knoppix 3.7 from the net ?

  3. #53
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17
    well since the magazine isnt sold in certain countries thats the only way some people can get it. I dont feel that its hurting thing for people to download it if theres no way in the world they could get it, even if they did have the money, not unless they want to fly all the way over to another country to get a freakin magazine lol. So yeah, if you got money and the magazine is being sold there, support knoppix and buy the magazine , if not theres no other choice but to download it if you want it bad enough.

  4. #54
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tempe AZ
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by steelkane
    Thank you, were can I find a list of linux commands, I have some but since linux work alot with command lines it would help.
    Go here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2398

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: Knoppix 3.7 is out ... sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    I was reading the latest edition of Distrowatch and I saw that Knoppix 3.7 has been released. Unfortunately it has not yet been released to the net yet. If you are in Germany, you can get it in the latest issue of PC-Welt magazine. Unless someone grabs this and puts it up on bittorrent, the rest of us will be waiting for a while. As previously reported by Probono, the 3.7 release will include "a configurable "Firewall on CD" (including masquerading and proxy features)"

    Read Distrowatch here: http://66.111.55.60/weekly.php?issue=20040913#1

    The official announcement is at knoppix.com
    You can have a look at http://livelinux.antesis.org/knoppix/ for 3.7 - I just found it there.

  6. #56

  7. #57
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    delete

    delete

  8. #58
    Hi!

    I just downloaded knoppix 3.7 iso, tried the installation from HDD(poorman's),I typed:
    -------------------------------------------
    loadlin.exe linux26 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt26.gz lang=en fromhd=/dev/hda1
    ------------------------------------------
    it started quickly ,but stalled at Kernel panic...it just got hang up there...........
    Does that imply the inside "minirt26.gz" is in bugs??????

    later I typed:
    -------------------------------------------
    loadlin.exe linux24 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt24.gz lang=en fromhd=/dev/hda1
    ------------------------------------------
    it run smoothly into KDE , but that's in kernel 2.4.27.

    In fact I'd like to try knoppix3.7 running in Kernel2.6.7......

    How shoul I enter kernel 2.6.7? by which cheatcodes?
    Do hope you help indeed!

    a bien tot!


    tom

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    just got 3.7 help?

    how can i make KDE show up in english? i don't understand german

  10. #60
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Did you use the lang=us cheatcode?

    jd

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. USB booting, sort of
    By thestevo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
  2. Now what have I done? Lost KDE panel (sort of)
    By rusty in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:45 AM
  3. HD Remaster sort
    By mikeUK in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM
  4. Please help! Why cant anybody answer this sort of question?
    By radiokid in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
  5. Knoppix.sort
    By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia picture

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia

$16.59



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Netac Internal SSD 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5inch SATA III 6GB/s Wholesale Sale picture

Netac Internal SSD 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5inch SATA III 6GB/s Wholesale Sale

$22.49



Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC picture

Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC

$109.99