Could anyone explain me if it is legal to download Knoppix 3.7 from the net ?
Also, I have 3 computers with Promise cards and no-live cd will work, I tryed noscsi command but nothing, is there another command or other options.
Could anyone explain me if it is legal to download Knoppix 3.7 from the net ?
well since the magazine isnt sold in certain countries thats the only way some people can get it. I dont feel that its hurting thing for people to download it if theres no way in the world they could get it, even if they did have the money, not unless they want to fly all the way over to another country to get a freakin magazine lol. So yeah, if you got money and the magazine is being sold there, support knoppix and buy the magazine , if not theres no other choice but to download it if you want it bad enough.
Go here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2398Originally Posted by steelkane
You can have a look at http://livelinux.antesis.org/knoppix/ for 3.7 - I just found it there.Originally Posted by aay
delete
Hi!
I just downloaded knoppix 3.7 iso, tried the installation from HDD(poorman's),I typed:
-------------------------------------------
loadlin.exe linux26 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt26.gz lang=en fromhd=/dev/hda1
------------------------------------------
it started quickly ,but stalled at Kernel panic...it just got hang up there...........
Does that imply the inside "minirt26.gz" is in bugs??????
later I typed:
-------------------------------------------
loadlin.exe linux24 root=/dev/hda1 initrd=minirt24.gz lang=en fromhd=/dev/hda1
------------------------------------------
it run smoothly into KDE , but that's in kernel 2.4.27.
In fact I'd like to try knoppix3.7 running in Kernel2.6.7......
How shoul I enter kernel 2.6.7? by which cheatcodes?
Do hope you help indeed!
a bien tot!
tom
how can i make KDE show up in english? i don't understand german
Did you use the lang=us cheatcode?
jd

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
10G PCIe Ethernet Adapter AQC113 10GBase-T RJ45 NIC for Windows Linux NAS Server
$57.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Multi-Boot Linux & Utility 18 in 1 USB – Best of 2026 Free Same-Day Shipping
$22.99