-
Senior Member
registered user
What are these services?
I have done an upgrade on Knx 3.4 full HD install, now I have a lot of services starting in runlevel 5 that were not there before. I would like to know what these are & if any of them are necessary. It would appear not, since before the up grade I had only cupsys, samba & ssh. Now I have :
sysklogd
klogd
isdnactivecard
ppp
bind9
portmap
apmd
cupsys
dbus-1
dhcp3-server
distcc
ipx
isdnutils
makedev
partimaged
pcmcia
pppstatus
rsync
samba
smail
ssh
sslwrap
xfs
aumix
bluez-utils
mdadm
nvtv
cron
xdm
OK, a few of these I know (like ppp) but can anybody tell me what these are & why/how did the upgrade suddenly think they were needed?
(I also had nis which took forever to boot trying to set up y-something so I have already removed it. Dunno what it was either but I'm still running)
Also, running 2.6 kernel I get a startup error
Code:
audit(series of numbers, can't copy that fast)
RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 ! = 32768)
Happens on both my machines (desktop & laptop) but doesn't seem to affect anything, systems seem to start OK. any idea what this is?
Similar Threads
-
By rahtz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By salted in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By fsiviero in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:35 PM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:23 AM
-
By schwuuf in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

14" Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 2i Core I7-1165G7 16GB 256GGB WCam W11 Cord
$230.00

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99