Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: burn cds?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    burn cds?

    Hi..
    My Hard Disk is broken and I use Knoppix to rescue some of my files. But I can't operate on the drive. I can see all my files and I'm able to open them.

    What should I do?! Or is there a possebility to burn files with Knoppix.

    thx

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    There is, provided that you're running Knoppix off of a different CD from your burner. If not, and you have no hd available, well, maybe someone else has an idea. Maybe borrow an external HD or burner? Are the files small enough to fit an a USB thumbdrive?

    jd

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    k3b is the KDE CD burning program; its is (used to be?) located under the "multimedia" menu.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: burn cds?

    Quote Originally Posted by keeris
    Hi..
    My Hard Disk is broken and I use Knoppix to rescue some of my files. But I can't operate on the drive. I can see all my files and I'm able to open them.

    What should I do?! Or is there a possebility to burn files with Knoppix.

    thx
    Use ssh or ftp to move the files to another box?

Similar Threads

  1. burn baby burn!
    By tup34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
  2. Is there a way to burn a CD?
    By Exthero in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 10:09 PM
  3. Can't burn with K3B...please Help!
    By Wishmaster in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
  4. Too Big to Burn...
    By medwards67 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:50 PM
  5. Help To Burn CD
    By frankino in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99