These may give you some ideas.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=52847#52847
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=59980#59980
jd
I have an harddrive with 1.2GB as hda1 formatted as fat32.
I followed the Poor Man's Install and everything is ok.
I created a persistent home as image, i save my config.
Everything is ok, and running with cheatcodes:
knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan fromhd=/dev/hda1
but i'd want to boot from HD and not from CD, but i don't know how to configure the grub or the lilo.
Help me, please.
These may give you some ideas.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=52847#52847
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=59980#59980
jd
see this:http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...HDInstallHowTo
it has tips about installing a toHD system.
To summarize:
use lilo. I'm assuming you have only one partition, hda1 (or hda1 plus a swap).
copy the directory /boot/isolinux from the cd to the hd.
you really only need the files /boot/isolinux/linux24, linux26, minirt24.gz & minirt26.gz.
Then edit /etc/lilo.conf add the following:
If you have another o/s, add it too. a windows entry is usuallyCode:image=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/linux24 label="Knoppix3.4-24" append="lang=us fromhd=/dev/hda1 home=scan myconfig=scan apm=power-off" initrd=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz read-only image=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/linux26 label="Knoppix3.4-26" append="lang=us fromhd=/dev/hda1 home=scan myconfig=scan apm=power-off" initrd=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/minirt26.gz read-only
run lilo to install lilo to the mbr.Code:other=/dev/hda1 label="Windows" table=/dev/hda
That's it, you should now be able to boot into your Knoppix.
If you are unable to edit /etc/lilo.conf because of the read only file system, copy it to /home/knoppix then run lilo with
lilo -c /home/knoppix/lilo.conf
Oops; sorry I think this should be:
notCode:image=/dev/hda1/boot/isolinux/linux24 and initrd=/dev/hda1/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz
Code:image=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/linux24 initrd=/mnt/hda1/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz
Sorry but it's the other way around; eg the mnt entries are the correct ones. Note that hda1 needs to be mounted (eg on its default mount point /mnt/hda1) when running lilo. I advise to always run "lilo -v" and pay attention to the possible error messages.Originally Posted by CrashedAgain
Right. I thought of that also but haven't had time to correct myself yet.Originally Posted by baldyeti

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 Media Server 3.50Ghz 16-Core 384GB RAM 14TB Storage
$4423.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99