Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix terminals?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix terminals?

    Well, I did search the forum, but I really couldn't find a complete answer to my question. My question is how hard is it to use knoppix to set up some dumb terminals?

    Which is to say, that I'd like to have a system that I boot with knoppix grab the /home dir from another computer via NFS automatically on bootup without needing any input from the user.

    There is probably a simple answer to this out there somewhere, but if anyone has experience in this, I'd be glad to hear their thoughts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    I would suggest you to run nxserver on your server and run thin client that support nxclient on client pc.
    Thin client: http://pxes.sourceforge.net/

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    I haven't tried this yet but it looks very interesting and it may be what you are looking for.

    http://k12ltsp.org/contents.html

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the replies.

    I had originally held of on the prospect of thin clients (I was hoping for a slightly fatter client), but it's starting to look more and more like that's my only choice, so I'll have to figure out some way around my bandwidth limitations (or rig a custom knoppix cd with NFS). I think that replacing the phoneline network with wifi would probably be a good idea anyway though.

Similar Threads

  1. Adding more virtual terminals in runlevel 2
    By ahfoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:41 AM
  2. Terminals !!!
    By bhavin in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:16 AM
  3. Setting Up Virtuals Terminals
    By jumbobrian in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
  4. No terminals when i ctrl-alt Fxyz vid card problem?
    By arkaoss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 11:25 PM
  5. Scrolling in Knoppix Terminals
    By unamiccia in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00