From a console enter "aumix" That should bring up another mixer. You can then make your settings. Then save the settings.
After that you can enter "aumix -L" to reset the mixer settings.
Hi all,
i have a laptop with an ATI-Soundcard. Knoppix 3.6 detecteds that the driver "snd-atiixp" is to use. So far, so good. But it doesn't work in KDE. Kmix doesn't find a mixer. In Knoppix 3.4 the soundcard works very good.
Is anyone there, who can help me?
Thanks in Advance....
CKLM
P.S. Sorry for my englisch
P.P.S. If you a german and you have a Medion MD41700-Laptop, please send me an PM! Thanks!
From a console enter "aumix" That should bring up another mixer. You can then make your settings. Then save the settings.
After that you can enter "aumix -L" to reset the mixer settings.
when i start aumix ist writes, that it cannot open the mixer.
Have you an idea?
CKLM
My experience is limited to my own effort to get an onboard sound chip to work. I have to use the modprobe command to force it to load the driver for my sound chip, something like "modprobe snd-es18xx..." The command also requires inputting the correct IRQ and port addresses for the sound chip. I found that just using the cheatcode ALSA=es18xx didn't work. Even though it showed loading the driver during boot the sound wasn't working. I also got a "cannot open" error when I tried to start aumix. After the modprobe command aumix would work. Kmix wouldn't show a mixer until after aumix set it up. Since I use 3.4 I don't know what might be different for you in 3.6.
You might use the search function here to look for your sound card, computer name, driver name, etc. It took me a while to read everything but I eventually found just what I needed.
Good luck.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00