-
Some questions and problems
Hello everyone,
I have tried to do a dual install with Knoppix and XP but after several tries, it didn't work. I want to create a home directory to put linux files and the such, and there is a program on the cd that will allow me to, however it is not working. It gives me an error. What could be wrong? Also, the dial-up program can't find my modem. How do I fix this? And finally, Knoppix does not recognize my mobile adapter for ethernet card...how can I remedy this?
I would appreciate an email for an answer: nogodsnomasters at hotmail.com
Thank you very much
-
Senior Member
registered user
If the drive you want to put the home directory on is NTFS then your out of luck, linux doesn't really support writing to NTFS drives.
Also chances are the modem is a winmodem which uses software to do hardware functions. Thats all fine and dandy because it helps make it cheaper. But the drivers don't work on linux.
The last thing you can probably fix but I don't know how.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Some questions and problems

Originally Posted by
anthro
Hello everyone,
I have tried to do a dual install with Knoppix and XP but after several tries, it didn't work. I want to create a home directory to put linux files and the such, and there is a program on the cd that will allow me to, however it is not working. It gives me an error. What could be wrong?
You can't save your persistent home to NTFS but you could save it to a USB drive or floppy. 
Also, the dial-up program can't find my modem. How do I fix this? And finally, Knoppix does not recognize my mobile adapter for ethernet card...how can I remedy this?
What modem? What mobile adapter? How can someone help if you don't even tell us what hardware you have?
I would appreciate an email for an answer: nogodsnomasters at hotmail.com
Others may email you I dunno ( I won't) but that defeats the purpose of a forum. The forum is to collect answers to questions so that they are available to anyone who might try the SEARCH function (*hint hint*).
Similar Threads
-
By Little Toshi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 11:18 PM
-
By Jez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-11-2004, 12:57 PM
-
By paf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 11:22 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 01:27 PM
-
By pap2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99