that should be possible
check out
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...lSoftwareHowTo
Anytime I try to install anyting with apt-get or dpkg I get the following:
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
From what I'm reading I should do a HD install to use apt-get, but the thing I love about Knoppix is its portability between computers, I can go to anyones computer, shove in a CD, stick my 512mb USB key in the USB port and boom, I have all my stuff.
Is there a cheat/trick I can do to make dpkg install to my USB key so I can install packages without having to do a HD install?
that should be possible
check out
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...lSoftwareHowTo
No.Originally Posted by Nitromethane1261
You can use klik and install whatever apps are available through klik. In time klik *may* support any pkg in Debian but it does not at this moment.

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly
$42.95
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly
$23.95
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
$47.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00