-
apt-get / dpkg error: unable to access dpkg status area
Anytime I try to install anyting with apt-get or dpkg I get the following:
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
From what I'm reading I should do a HD install to use apt-get, but the thing I love about Knoppix is its portability between computers, I can go to anyones computer, shove in a CD, stick my 512mb USB key in the USB port and boom, I have all my stuff.
Is there a cheat/trick I can do to make dpkg install to my USB key so I can install packages without having to do a HD install?
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 05:00 AM
-
By he_wolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 08:37 PM
-
By none1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99