-
Basic launch annoyance with a Poormans
Newbie Alert!
Hi guys,
I have been checking out Linux on a fairly regular basis over the years and it has never really gotten a grip of me,... until now!
The whole concept of these Live CD's is brilliant. I downloaded 5 or 6 of them over the last week or so and had great fun messing around with them. I particularly like the "Poormans" install method, almost full functionality without having to mess up your hdd, cool.
Anyhow after a little trial and error I have the Linuxtag 3.5 DVD running as a poormans using grub called from winXPs boot loader and very nice it is too. Shame they forgot to put Gimp in there,.. DOH!
Now for my newbie question and apologies in advance as I'm sure the answer must be somewhere on the site but I've not been able to find it in a couple of days trying. My poormans is working great, saving config changes, klik installed apps all ok - the trouble is that on boot up it keeps trying to load the KNOPPIX welcome html file and says that it can't find it. This holds up the launch of all my open programs from last session. When I click on the error message the KNOPPIX welcome html launches TWICE and all my other programs come up behind it. Not a fatal error but bloody annoying all the same, so guys, how do I stop the KNOPPIX welcome file being called at launch?
Cheers,
Arcflup.
Similar Threads
-
By Unne in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 03:27 AM
-
By katana5 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
-
By shaun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 06:21 AM
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00