I don't think that it is the ISO file that has the 2 gig limit. I think it is the compressed /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file that has to be under two gigs. The KNOPPIX 3.5 DVD has a lot more than 2 gigs on it but the actual KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file is under 2 gig. I was wondering if you could create a remaster under the two gig limit. Then create symbolic links to uncompressed space outside of the compressed KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file. Lets say instead of instead of two directories boot and KNOPPIX there are 3, boot, KNOPPIX and themes. Lets say I want to link to have a hundred skins to choose from for xmms. Could I put the skin files in the new uncompressed directory themes? /themes/xmms? Then create a symbolic link from inside the compressed at /etc/skel/.xmms to outside the compressed at mnt/cdrom/themes/xmms? I guess from console you would need to
#cd etc/skel/.xmms/skins
and type
# ln -s /mnt/cdrom/themes/xmms/* .
The cd would already be mounted. Would this work?
If it did work would the link still be valid when when /etc/skel is copied to /home/knoppix?
Would there be a permission problem?
If this were to work maybe even Klik applications could be added from a directory inside the ISO but outside of the compressed Knoppix file.
If it did work the resulting live DVD would not be a good candidate for a hard drive install.