I remember reading in the past that the opinions were that it was better to use the compressed fs, rather then an uncompressed fs, simply because the read and access times are a far greater penalty then the compression times!
Hi
I would like to make a DVD version of knoppix (3.6 would be great)
but I would like to use the 4.5 Gb available space to put an uncompressed KNOPPIX file instead of adding more apps
like this there would be no need for a huge ram drive and it will be much faster I guess
Is there an easy way to do this?
It could be the same thing than the hdd-installed version of knoppix since I will use it on only one computer, but it has to work read only (since it's on a DVD) I will do a fat32 partition for storiing my data and configs.
I remember reading in the past that the opinions were that it was better to use the compressed fs, rather then an uncompressed fs, simply because the read and access times are a far greater penalty then the compression times!

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00