Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WLAN pcmcia RTL8180 running with Knoppix 3.2 !

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4

    WLAN pcmcia RTL8180 running with Knoppix 3.2 !

    WLAN pcmcia RTL8180 running with Knoppix 3.2 !
    (must be Kernel 2.4.20!!)

    download driver from:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...eyword=rtl8180

    1.unzip to Desktop
    2. insatllpath=/home/knoppix/Desktop/inst
    3. make (als root)
    4. make install
    5. chmod 755 wlanup
    6. edit file wlanup e.g.
    ....ssid=fli4l
    .....channel=4
    7 ./wlanup ap (ap for access point, see other param in file!)

    wlan connection running!

  2. #2
    That is EXACTLY what I need! However, you can not imagine just how dumb some of us are that read this - take me as an example...

    Could you describe in more detail how to do this, please?

    Here's what I did - and w/o success...

    Used a CD with Knoppix 3.2 with kernel 2.4.20 - xfs...no idea what the suffix means but looks like this could be OK.

    1. Driver downloaded & unzipped on Desktop

    2. I believe there's a typo and you meant 'installpath...' - do I have to key that into the root shell already? That's what I did....no response...guess that's OK

    3. If I type 'make' into the root shell, I get an error - I use the German version and it says something like 'no target specified...file not found'

    4. If I type 'make install' into the root shell, I get another error...something about 'no rules'

    5. Do I have to type that into root shell as well?

    6. What is meant by 'e.g.'? I know what for instance means...but do I use what you have specified or do I use something else...how do I know what to use?

    7. 'wlanup' looks like a command but what's the './' in front of it? Type that into root shell as well? And what's the program where I can look up other parameters?

    I would really appreciate if you could just spent another few minutes and write down a somewhat more detailed description - guys like me won't get it otherwise...Thanks a lot!

    Ulrich

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    you have to be in that folder to be able to run these comands, open the terminal and use cd to go there (cd /home/knoppix/Desktop/inst).
    with that done you can run the first two comands as yourself (installpath=/home/knoppix/Desktop/inst, make)
    only the 5-7 need root as far as i know

    as far as I know you need not be root to run make. but might be something very special in this case (no idea what though), try without being root and see.

  4. #4
    I'm afraid it still doesn't work...strange thing with the installpath - the directory actually doesn't exist: There's no 'inst' on my desktop hence, I cannot change to it.

    And still, I cannot use just 'make' - get the same error...

    Any idea?

    Ulrich

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 WLAN PCMCIA Problem
    By DaSilva in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
  2. WLAN PCMCIA Problem
    By DaSilva in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 - Kernel 2.6.x - Netgear WLan MA521 PCMCIA
    By spoonman in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 09:57 PM
  4. The best wlan pcmcia card for knoppix
    By onimeno in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98