-
WLAN pcmcia RTL8180 running with Knoppix 3.2 !
WLAN pcmcia RTL8180 running with Knoppix 3.2 !
(must be Kernel 2.4.20!!)
download driver from:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...eyword=rtl8180
1.unzip to Desktop
2. insatllpath=/home/knoppix/Desktop/inst
3. make (als root)
4. make install
5. chmod 755 wlanup
6. edit file wlanup e.g.
....ssid=fli4l
.....channel=4
7 ./wlanup ap (ap for access point, see other param in file!)
wlan connection running!
-
That is EXACTLY what I need! However, you can not imagine just how dumb some of us are that read this - take me as an example...
Could you describe in more detail how to do this, please?
Here's what I did - and w/o success...
Used a CD with Knoppix 3.2 with kernel 2.4.20 - xfs...no idea what the suffix means but looks like this could be OK.
1. Driver downloaded & unzipped on Desktop
2. I believe there's a typo and you meant 'installpath...' - do I have to key that into the root shell already? That's what I did....no response...guess that's OK
3. If I type 'make' into the root shell, I get an error - I use the German version and it says something like 'no target specified...file not found'
4. If I type 'make install' into the root shell, I get another error...something about 'no rules'
5. Do I have to type that into root shell as well?
6. What is meant by 'e.g.'? I know what for instance means...but do I use what you have specified or do I use something else...how do I know what to use?
7. 'wlanup' looks like a command but what's the './' in front of it? Type that into root shell as well? And what's the program where I can look up other parameters?
I would really appreciate if you could just spent another few minutes and write down a somewhat more detailed description - guys like me won't get it otherwise...Thanks a lot!
Ulrich
-
Senior Member
registered user
you have to be in that folder to be able to run these comands, open the terminal and use cd to go there (cd /home/knoppix/Desktop/inst).
with that done you can run the first two comands as yourself (installpath=/home/knoppix/Desktop/inst, make)
only the 5-7 need root as far as i know
as far as I know you need not be root to run make. but might be something very special in this case (no idea what though), try without being root and see.
-
I'm afraid it still doesn't work...strange thing with the installpath - the directory actually doesn't exist: There's no 'inst' on my desktop hence, I cannot change to it.
And still, I cannot use just 'make' - get the same error...
Any idea?
Ulrich
Similar Threads
-
By DaSilva in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By DaSilva in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By spoonman in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 09:57 PM
-
By onimeno in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By manzikki in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50