Hi,
A lot of systems have an on/off button for the wireless lan. Look for yours. Make sure it's on.
I have a Presario 3000 and that was my problem. By the way Fn + F2 toggles the wireless on this notebook.
Good Luck.
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 3.6 from CD on a laptop with built-in network card and PCMCIA WLAN card. The built-in network card works just fine. The WLAN card doesn't seem to be detected - lights are off.
lspci does show the card however.
How do I get this to work? I believe I have to get the card to life, first...
Thanks.
Ulrich
Hi,
A lot of systems have an on/off button for the wireless lan. Look for yours. Make sure it's on.
I have a Presario 3000 and that was my problem. By the way Fn + F2 toggles the wireless on this notebook.
Good Luck.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99