Yep.
Only tried for hdinstall.
Kde Control Center
Sound & multimedia
System Notification
Kde system notification -> Kde is starting up
Simply assign a sound.
If you are not using kde, I have no idea![]()
can you make Knoppix play a sound file when you login?
Yep.
Only tried for hdinstall.
Kde Control Center
Sound & multimedia
System Notification
Kde system notification -> Kde is starting up
Simply assign a sound.
If you are not using kde, I have no idea![]()
If you have not yet set up to make your event sounds to work yet, you may have to do some setup to get event sounds to work:
1.In KDE controlcenter->enable sounds;turn on system notifications.
2.Then go to /home/user/.KDE/share/config/knotifyrc (hidden file folder...set konqueror to view hidden files) and set all three entries to true.
You should now have event sounds but maybe not sounds from websites (if using konqueror as a browser). So,
3. Go to configure konqueror->plugins->plugins; then enable 'pipe plugin sounds through arts'
You should now have sounds from websites.
4. You will also need the xmms-arts plugin to prevent the arts daemon from interfereing with xmms: Apt-get install xmms-arts, then in xmms->options->preferences set output plugin to aRTs instead of OSS.
thank you.![]()
Thanks for that awesome tip on how to make sound work in Knoppix. I'm listening to Tchaikovsky on XMMS as I write this and it’s never sounded so goood! Thanx again! I also installed Kaffeine and Jenna Jameson has never looked so goood (just kidding - maybe). It’s hard to believe that all this is essentially a labour of love. The only thing that I'm still not too happy with is OpenOffice. I’m looking forward to OOo 2.0.
![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500 CPU 3.00GHz LGA 1700 Desktop Processor (SRL5V)
$150.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
NOT WORKING Intel Core I7-11700KF 3.6GHz 8-Core CPU Processor
$45.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77
Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K
$75.00
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95