Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51

    3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

    Hello,

    A friend gave me a copy of Knoppix 3.3 and it
    was the first Distro that I could ever get to boot
    Xwindows on my system. But my wireless wouldn't
    work so I can't really spend alot of time using it
    booting back to M$ to surf. So I heard that the Wireless
    wraper would work that is with 3.6 so I download, burned,
    boot, Get the boot screen hit F3 for options type

    boot: Knoppix lang=us
    Loading Linux24
    Loading minirt24.gz
    Ready.
    _ _ _ (Flashing) ........................30 minute later I C-A-D

    I've tried nodma | noscsi | linux26 | expert | failsafe
    with no change.

    If I don't press F3 then I don't see the "ready" it just puts the
    _ _ _ (Flashing) at the top of the screen WITHOUT showing Tux


    The CD works fine on my desktop, So I think it's ok.

    Any help!

    P.S. I love the idea and greatness of Knoppix it's really
    sold me on linux, I just hope that these kind of problems
    can be removed soon so less techy people can switch.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Update:

    Got it to boot, Seems to be a problem with iether
    my upgraded HD or Terabyte Boot Manager.

    But Knoppix will boot on a eMachines M5310

Similar Threads

  1. installer freeze at 95%
    By tiiim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
  2. Emachines 6809
    By l00ph0le in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
  3. emachines laptop
    By siralston in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
  4. eMachines m6805 AMD64...
    By zagman in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
  5. Problems with Emachines m5305
    By amiramir in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black  Y2k USA Made picture

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made

$85.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8 picture

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8

$170.99



Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box picture

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box

$100.00



Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim picture

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim

$125.00



Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486 picture

Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486

$199.95



Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994 picture

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994

$119.99



ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts picture

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts

$44.89