Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Upgrade KDE?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Upgrade KDE?

    I'm running Knoppix 3.4 with KDE 3.3.2 ( I think) Is there a way to upgrade to 3.3.3 without using apt-get or anything web-involved ( WinModem....Need I say any more? and yes, I kow about linmodems.org)?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    8
    How are you planning to get the update? Do you have a windows install you could download it from? Anything?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Upgrade KDE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kowood
    I'm running Knoppix 3.4 with KDE 3.3.2 ( I think) Is there a way to upgrade to 3.3.3 without using apt-get or anything web-involved ( WinModem....Need I say any more? and yes, I kow about linmodems.org)?
    Can you get your winmodem working in Knoppix? I have successfully used ltmodem but have had to fudge it a bit because of a conflict with gcc versions.
    Otherwise, you can download elsewhere, burn the .deb packages to a disk & install that way or buy a disk. Will work OK provided you get ALL the various libraries & dependencies you might need.

Similar Threads

  1. 'apt-get upgrade' Help
    By wademago in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 06:35 AM
  2. Cant run apt-get upgrade . . . .
    By Everscythe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
  3. Upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4
    By vulcanidiot in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 01:19 PM
  4. KDE 3.2 upgrade
    By anduril in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 01:09 AM
  5. problem using apt-get with upgrade/dist-upgrade
    By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00