-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm seeing the same exact error messages you just described as well.
I have winxp and win98 on my first 2 partitions, and using partition magic8 I've installed 2 linux partitions and linux swap, installed to the root partition, not the MBR (in order to leave the windows boot menu alone).
This means I have to boot off of floppy in order to get into my new HD installation of knoppix, and when I do, LILO recognizes my linux partitions and gives me a choice, then it starts booting from the HD then I see the panic message you described.
I wonder what is necessary in order to get it to dual boot with XP/98; does linux have to be in the FIRST partition?
Similar Threads
-
By coogor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
-
By coogor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By sheepdog in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00