-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm seeing the same exact error messages you just described as well.
I have winxp and win98 on my first 2 partitions, and using partition magic8 I've installed 2 linux partitions and linux swap, installed to the root partition, not the MBR (in order to leave the windows boot menu alone).
This means I have to boot off of floppy in order to get into my new HD installation of knoppix, and when I do, LILO recognizes my linux partitions and gives me a choice, then it starts booting from the HD then I see the panic message you described.
I wonder what is necessary in order to get it to dual boot with XP/98; does linux have to be in the FIRST partition?
Similar Threads
-
By coogor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
-
By coogor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By sheepdog in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99