-
Well, I did not do exactly what I intended. First of all I should mention that I've not yet been able to install it yet.
During my install tries it looked like whenever I chose LILO, grub showed up after reebot, as mentioned before. I suspected that LILO was not "able" to override grub somehow and so to verify my suspicion I installed WinXP on the SATA drive, just to kill anything on the MBR.
After this I tried to install Knoppix 3.6, debian, with LILO but when rebooting it was not even able to read from the MBR and told me to insert something bootable.
Since then I've had a break. I will however try what I wrote about in the last post and I'll tell you how it turns out as soon as I get my motivation back
.
Another thing that has made me wonder is that, after successfull execution of the knoppix-installer there are a bunch of error messages in the terminal window that I can not make any sense out of, still the installer says that it compleated successfully! Am I the only one with these error messags? (yeah, I know that if I posted the messages it would be a lot easier for you to confirme this, but ... yeah; but what!?
Similar Threads
-
By coogor in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM
-
By coogor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By sheepdog in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 05:37 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99