Why are they saying it should be "knopppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy"?
Simply: "knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0" works fine with 3.2.
KDE is all in English for me. I'll try the Open Office next time I'm in Knoppix.
Why are they saying it should be "knopppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy"?
Simply: "knoppix myconfig=/dev/fd0" works fine with 3.2.
Not entirely sure. I'll have to give that a shot next time. Does /mnt/auto/floppy work for you?
I've not gotten any of the stated methods to work... Downloaded MDK 9.1 and put it on the laptop last night...
myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy fails as does myconfig=scan
but as I said
myconfig=/dev/fd0 works ok with that CeBIT Knoppix.
"Knoppix floppyconfig" works in 3.2 just like 3.1. All my config files are on floppy now.
Someone, in a Finnish forum, concluded that in this respect, there are differences between 3.2-cebit, 3.2-en and 3.2-de.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00