Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51

    3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

    Hello,

    A friend gave me a copy of Knoppix 3.3 and it
    was the first Distro that I could ever get to boot
    Xwindows on my system. But my wireless wouldn't
    work so I can't really spend alot of time using it
    booting back to M$ to surf. So I heard that the Wireless
    wraper would work that is with 3.6 so I download, burned,
    boot, Get the boot screen hit F3 for options type

    boot: Knoppix lang=us
    Loading Linux24
    Loading minirt24.gz
    Ready.
    _ _ _ (Flashing) ........................30 minute later I C-A-D

    I've tried nodma | noscsi | linux26 | expert | failsafe
    with no change.

    If I don't press F3 then I don't see the "ready" it just puts the
    _ _ _ (Flashing) at the top of the screen WITHOUT showing Tux


    The CD works fine on my desktop, So I think it's ok.

    Any help!

    P.S. I love the idea and greatness of Knoppix it's really
    sold me on linux, I just hope that these kind of problems
    can be removed soon so less techy people can switch.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Update:

    Got it to boot, Seems to be a problem with iether
    my upgraded HD or Terabyte Boot Manager.

    But Knoppix will boot on a eMachines M5310

Similar Threads

  1. installer freeze at 95%
    By tiiim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
  2. Emachines 6809
    By l00ph0le in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
  3. emachines laptop
    By siralston in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
  4. eMachines m6805 AMD64...
    By zagman in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
  5. Problems with Emachines m5305
    By amiramir in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH    LOT OF 10 picture

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10

$70.00



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00