Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51

    3.6 freeze on eMachines M5310

    Hello,

    A friend gave me a copy of Knoppix 3.3 and it
    was the first Distro that I could ever get to boot
    Xwindows on my system. But my wireless wouldn't
    work so I can't really spend alot of time using it
    booting back to M$ to surf. So I heard that the Wireless
    wraper would work that is with 3.6 so I download, burned,
    boot, Get the boot screen hit F3 for options type

    boot: Knoppix lang=us
    Loading Linux24
    Loading minirt24.gz
    Ready.
    _ _ _ (Flashing) ........................30 minute later I C-A-D

    I've tried nodma | noscsi | linux26 | expert | failsafe
    with no change.

    If I don't press F3 then I don't see the "ready" it just puts the
    _ _ _ (Flashing) at the top of the screen WITHOUT showing Tux


    The CD works fine on my desktop, So I think it's ok.

    Any help!

    P.S. I love the idea and greatness of Knoppix it's really
    sold me on linux, I just hope that these kind of problems
    can be removed soon so less techy people can switch.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Update:

    Got it to boot, Seems to be a problem with iether
    my upgraded HD or Terabyte Boot Manager.

    But Knoppix will boot on a eMachines M5310

Similar Threads

  1. installer freeze at 95%
    By tiiim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
  2. Emachines 6809
    By l00ph0le in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:00 PM
  3. emachines laptop
    By siralston in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
  4. eMachines m6805 AMD64...
    By zagman in forum Laptops
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:51 PM
  5. Problems with Emachines m5305
    By amiramir in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.15



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) - picture

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -

$60.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$199.00



Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US picture

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US

$41.30



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99