I am a newbie. I know nothing. Pardon my rudimentary questions.
I have an ASUS p4VP-MX motherboard and an AOC Spectrum7 monitor. I have had the following experiences thus far:
Using an earlier version of Knoppix, the current Knoppix release, and Beatrice, when booting, all my hardware was detected but after that my monitor shut down. On checking the AOC website I found no Linux driver, so I assumed this was the problem.
However, on booting a current version of Gnoppix, the montior functions perfectly (better than on XP). Most mystifying.
Second problem:
Though Gnoppix loads and seems to function well, it has some problems. Though the soundcard built into the motherboard is detected, as are my CDR and CDRW, the soundcard does not work and the CDR's cannot be mounted. On checking the ASUS manual I note that it says the board supports Windows, yet I know that others use this board for Linux successfully.
ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated.
John
I found the solutions to the above:
xmodule=vesa handled the monitor thing nicely, and /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig took care of the sound card.
Now if I can figure why after configuring my ethernet card and setting up a connection to my ISP I am told everything is hunkey-dorey.... but the browsers apparently cannot connect.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core Ultra 5 250K Plus Desktop Processor
$189.99