Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: cannot create directory

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    cannot create directory

    Im new to Knop and am trying to use it to copy files from one mounted drive to another. I am logged in as super user and have set all of the permissions of each drive to allow read and write.
    When I go to copt the data I get an error " Could not make directory ....."
    Please help. I am out of my mind...
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: cannot create directory

    Quote Originally Posted by enoon
    Im new to Knop and am trying to use it to copy files from one mounted drive to another. I am logged in as super user and have set all of the permissions of each drive to allow read and write.
    When I go to copt the data I get an error " Could not make directory ....."
    Please help. I am out of my mind...
    Thanks.
    Try right clicking the drive actions -> change read/write mode

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    I dont know where that is...can you help me find it? I went to disk properties and selected the read amd write priveldges there but no sucess...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Right click the drive you want to change

    then go to actions, the go to change read/write mode

    (Oh, I see how you could have misunderstood)

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scottsdale AZ USA
    Posts
    12
    If you do a poor man's install, that is have done the

    boot: tohd=/dev/hdax

    then that hd partition (x) will NOT mount writeable as it protects the 'image' when using it to boot from. Just fyi, but all others that are 'linux native' type fs will change to writeable.

    You, being new, may not have done the mirrored cdrom thing and that is one downside of that poor man's install. I like it, wife has hers strictly running from cdrom. different strokes for different folks.

    Love the 'strokes' available in linux!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Did he say he had a PMI? I do miss this stuff.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
  2. Cannot Create persistent home directory on USB Thumb drive
    By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
  4. Create a persistent Knoppix home directory?
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
  5. Logon to active directory or NT directory ......
    By ktheking in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$39.99



Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand picture

Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand

$48.51



Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer picture

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer

$72.00