Try right clicking the drive actions -> change read/write modeOriginally Posted by enoon
Im new to Knop and am trying to use it to copy files from one mounted drive to another. I am logged in as super user and have set all of the permissions of each drive to allow read and write.
When I go to copt the data I get an error " Could not make directory ....."
Please help. I am out of my mind...
Thanks.
Try right clicking the drive actions -> change read/write modeOriginally Posted by enoon
I dont know where that is...can you help me find it? I went to disk properties and selected the read amd write priveldges there but no sucess...
Right click the drive you want to change
then go to actions, the go to change read/write mode
(Oh, I see how you could have misunderstood)
If you do a poor man's install, that is have done the
boot: tohd=/dev/hdax
then that hd partition (x) will NOT mount writeable as it protects the 'image' when using it to boot from. Just fyi, but all others that are 'linux native' type fs will change to writeable.
You, being new, may not have done the mirrored cdrom thing and that is one downside of that poor man's install. I like it, wife has hers strictly running from cdrom. different strokes for different folks.
Love the 'strokes' available in linux!!
Did he say he had a PMI? I do miss this stuff.

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand
$48.51