I can't find any Linux drivers for my 3Com/USR Windmodem, but I do have the driver for Windows. Is there a way to rewrite it for Linux? And though this may sound crazy, I think it could probably build some experience.
I can't find any Linux drivers for my 3Com/USR Windmodem, but I do have the driver for Windows. Is there a way to rewrite it for Linux? And though this may sound crazy, I think it could probably build some experience.
First, you should try to get out the chipset of your modem. There might be a driver.
If nothing helps, there is a technology that uses existing Windows drivers and loads them in Linux. I don't know much about it, but this should get you started: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12207
Isn't that what an emulator does?
It says it's made for LAN modems. Does it work with regular modems too?
Idoubt if Linuxant will be able to help you,not at the moment anyway.This company charge for the linux drivers for Conexant modems for I think $15.
Like Probono had said earlier you should find out what chipset your modem is using and "google" for linux drivers for the chipset-whether pctel,conexant,etc)

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99
Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98
Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99
$399.99
Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99