-
Can I mount a 2nd hard disk if BIOS can't detect it?
Hi, I have a system with 2 hard disk and an Asus K7V. The 2nd hdd is IBM 60Gb and BIOS can't autodetect it. The mechanical parts of hdd work perfectly, but the BIOS has difficulty to detect it.
Knoppix autodetect and mount the 1st hard disk, but don't autodetect the 2nd.
Can I mount it by Knoppix CD in spite of BIOS or it's impossible? I know the LBA parameters.
How can I do it?
Thank you very much
-
Senior Member
registered user
It strange if your bios cannot detect your HD. Check the jumper of your HD, the master,slave,cable jumper. Make sure its correct.
You could enter manually your HD spec, cylinder size,zone..etc in your bios. If you can read the HD, than knoppix too can.
Have you update your bios?
-
HD jumpers and bios version is OK.
Bios autodetected the HDD perfectly for 2 years, now autodetect fails.
After I enter HD specs manually in the bios, and reboot, how can I access to the HD by Linux?
Thank you
-
I'm a noob, so no flames please; can Knoppix detect an HD without the Bios seeing it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Usually if bios can detect, linux can see the harddisk. Booting with knoppix, you will see all listed partition on desktop. If your hd is okay, the partition will show up.
Anyway you could try run this utility which comes with knoppix:
tesdisk
see if it can detect your 2nd hd.
You could try switch ide slot of your 2nd hd with 1st hd, try autodetect... just to check your ide port is okay.
Similar Threads
-
By Majii in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 05:27 AM
-
By Pisces_Australis in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By BillyBobber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By LinuxSam in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:58 PM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black
$20.00