Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot from floppy and ISO image

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    29

    Boot from floppy and ISO image

    I have downloaded the boot image file boot.img and made a bootable floppy, I also downloaded the KNOPPIX.iso and store at D: which is /dev/hda5.

    Then I boot up the notebook from the floppy, and type
    "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/KNOPPIX.iso lang=us"

    The floppy linux boot up and dislpay:
    "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    Press reset button to quit."

    What should I do to make it bootable from floppy and ISO-image?

    ========

    Another question, I have installed GRUB. How can I make the floppy image boot.img bootable from GRUB?

    ========

    I know I have so many questions, hope you do mind to help me.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Unless you changed the filename, it won't find what you typed, because the ISO's filename is actually much longer.

    Try "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/K*.iso lang=us" The asterisk serves as a wildcard for the rest of the letters and numbers in the filename.

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
  2. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:52 PM
  3. Boot floppy fails to find KNOPPIX image on FAT32
    By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
  4. Flonix floppy boot image?
    By potissimus in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
  5. Missing Image File for Creating Boot Floppy
    By jnowlin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08