-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot from floppy and ISO image
I have downloaded the boot image file boot.img and made a bootable floppy, I also downloaded the KNOPPIX.iso and store at D: which is /dev/hda5.
Then I boot up the notebook from the floppy, and type
"knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda5/KNOPPIX.iso lang=us"
The floppy linux boot up and dislpay:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit."
What should I do to make it bootable from floppy and ISO-image?
========
Another question, I have installed GRUB. How can I make the floppy image boot.img bootable from GRUB?
========
I know I have so many questions, hope you do mind to help me.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By qeldroma in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By vitoprimo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By potissimus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00