-
Re: Just installed, need some help.

Originally Posted by
Harami
I had a friends computer who wouldn't boot, so someone on IRC had suggested using knoppix to boot into the system and recover some very important files. I have been a windows user all my life so this is my first experience with linux. I have two problems: one, when I try burning CDs, it keeps giving me the same errors about the buffer, even when burning at 1x. Other times it gives me a general error.
#2, as a direct result from 1, how can I access my USB thumb drive on Knoppix. Being unfamiliar with the interface, I can only see the floppy and my main harddrive partition. Where would I go to access the USB drive?
Thanks,
Hamid.
Similar Threads
-
By codeforge in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
-
By bcalder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By rniles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 09:05 PM
-
By philipx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00