-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Kowood
Ok, I made 50m of free space, then made a 50M hda2 partition formatted with ext2, and then clicked "commit" in Qtparted. I got an error message that said "An error happen during ped_file_system_resize call." What's with that? And can I just make the partition in a root shell with bash or whatever?
Not sure about the Qtparted error. I haven't seen that one before. All I can suggest is that sometimes you just have to undo and redo old partitioning. But yes, you can make partitions in the console using the cfdisk command. I generally prefer the graphical interface of Qtparted, but I remember one time when it was giving me a hassle trying to erase some partitions, and cfdisk did the trick. If you ever used DOS tools like the old Norton Utilities, cfdisk has a similar interface.
jd
Similar Threads
-
By tymlls05 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 01:33 AM
-
By goober in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67