I have an old IBM thinkpad laptop (560X) and have been trying to run Knoppix on it. My problem is that the labtop does not have an internal bootable cd-drom drive. I have a parallel port Microsolution Backpack cd-rom drive. I have created two knoppix bootable floppies disk (from a another computer). My question is how do I create/load a driver so that I can access the cd-rom after I boot from the floppies. I found this website: http://cyberelk.net/tim/parport/paride.html, however, this is my first shot at Linux and don't quite know how to "Loading and configuring PARIDE as modules" I am very new to Linux in general and any help would be greatly appreciated.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99