-
Junior Member
registered user
Question about KNOPPIX bootable floppy image with GRUB
I downloaded KNOPPIX bootable floppy image - boot.img - from the web site http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/CeBit/, then I tried use GRUB for DOS to boot my notebook up with boot.img.
I tried three different method to boot it, however, I got the following error message
"Inconsistent Filesystem Structure.
Error 17, ...
"
The following a,b,c are what I have tried in the GRUB config file menu.lst:
a. title boot.img [Knoppix original 1]
map --read-only (hd0,0)/boot/boot.img (fd0)
root (fd0)
kernel /linux24
initrd /minirt24.gz
b. title boot.img [Knoppix original 2]
map --read-only (hd0,0)/boot/boot.img (fd0)
root (fd0)
kernel /boot/bootimg/linux24
initrd /boot/bootimg/minirt24.gz
(P.S.:I use WinImage to extract all of the content of boot.img to C:\boot\bootimg)
c. title boot.img [Knoppix original 3]
map --read-only (hd0,0)/boot/boot.img (fd0)
chainloader (hd0,0)/boot/boot.img
rootnoverify (fd0)
boot
P.S. I use WinImage to write the boot,img to 1.44 floppy disk, and this floppy can boot up my notebook very well.
What is the problem with it? Thank you in advanced.
Similar Threads
-
By jrsath0me in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 06:55 PM
-
By Zentesis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:45 PM
-
By frishert in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 04:41 AM
-
By o_corn in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 10:30 PM
-
By ironstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99