Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    New Newbie !! How to make an ISO which runs ???

    hello,

    I don't succeed in making an iso image of my knoppix V 3.4. Could

    somebody help me to make it ??
    What I have tried :
    -I have cut an original iso an a cd( and it work properly)
    - I copy all the file from the cd to my hard disk
    - I modify isolinux.cfg with adding lang=fr and myconf=scan
    - I make a new image in using :" mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX"

    -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b

    boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o

    isolinux/knoppix.iso <knoppixfolder>"
    - when I cut the cd and restart the computer,

    system boot on cd but after I press ENTER It displays : "Couldn't find
    knoppix file system" and so it runs me a small shell ??

    What Can I do ?? I don't find any solution on the forum

  2. #2

    Re

    First of all, you have to copy ALL the CD content to a folder, if you only want to modify the isolinux.
    (This method only work if you ONLY want to change the boot/isolinux or the CD file content)

    - Modify the file.
    - Check that "KNOPPIX" file is in the <folder that you have copied the CD>/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (the last is the KNOPPIX archive)
    - Create the ISO using

    Code:
    cd <folder that you have copied the CD>
    
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o <folder where ISO will appear>/knoppix.iso  <folder that you have copied the CD>
    Good Luck[/code]

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    I 'll try it again but I believe that's I 've done

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie-trying to make a poor man's install work
    By jccorea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
  2. [Newbie] LinNeighborhood - how to make it work?
    By dmpop in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Knoppix loads runs but can't detect hard drive - Newbie help
    By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
  4. Newbie queistion: how to make PCMCIA autostart?
    By simulant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:04 PM
  5. My computer runs without M$
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard

$184.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00